Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A New Backpack - Done

Hello Friends,

A backpack became a comfort object during high school. It was a barrier between me and all of the chaos life swirls around you when you are in the throws of becoming an adult. I have never been fond of purses and diaper bags, so I use a backpack instead, even as an adult caregiver of young children. Recently I went on a search to find a bag that would work just right to hold the kid stuff and the grown up stuff I needed to carry with me on everyday outings. I am much more interested in function than form, but I still have aesthetic desires that need to be met.

What needed to fit in this new backpack? A couple diapers, change of clothes for each kid, my inhaler, wallet, cell phone, bus pass, library card, pens, extra hankies, snack, and my tiny companion Mr. Mikey. When I don't have kid stuff, I also need it to hold a computer.

After drawing up what I thought I needed, I started and ended my search at REI. The backpack I found was not designed specifically for any of my intended uses, but it is compact, comfortable, and useful.

This purchase also satisfied one of my year-long list goals. Hurray!


Much love,

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment